Yesterday I got to thinking about how great my kids are. (Yeah, yeah, aren’t they all?) But seriously, MJ and Ian have had some pretty great accomplishments in the past few weeks. Here they are in random order:
1. MJ was selected to be on the Power of the Pen writing team at school. It’s a creative writing competition with several rounds in the next few months. The first competition is Feb. 15th. Wonder where she gets her writing talent? 😉
2. One of MJ’s drawings from Drawing I is now hanging in the main lobby of our building. I took this pic of it yesterday morning when the lights were out, but I like the reflection of the front doors.
3. MJ placed 6th in the district spelling bee this past Tuesday. It is
plausable plausible she will never misspell a certain word again the rest of her life. (My forever-word is opera!)
4. Ian’s Upward basketball team finally won a game. They played another 0-2 team yesterday and won 24-10!
5. Stats on Ian’s basketball career (since he informed me he plans to be in the NBA after playing for OSU.):
Week 1: 2 points (the ONLY basket) – The final score was 32-2.
Week 2: 8 points – His best game “EVER” despite a loss of 36-12.
Week 3: 6 points, 7 assists, 4 steals, and 2 rebounds (This is his unofficial report to me because, unfortunately, I was monitoring Saturday School and had to miss it.)
6. It would be unfair to not give a shout-out to my Bluebird. Like a new mother, I celebrated the first (and only) night he slept all night this past Wednesday. His internal clock is amazing. He wakes me up at 2:10 every night to go out and then at 5:26 a.m. to eat. I took his water away at dinner time the last few nights but it only worked that one night. Suggestions are welcome!
Here’s hoping for more great things the rest of the month!